Make this easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe that's ready in under 30 minutes!
Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorites dishes at Mexican restaurants. Especially for lunch or a light dinner. With the help of Dash Dinners Taco spice kit, all you need to do is add a few of your own staple ingredients for an easy dinner.
All you need to make this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is:
- 1 Dash Dinners Taco Spice Kit
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh or breast, trimmed
- 1 (15-oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups chicken broth (we love using boxed bone broth)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
To make the soup:
- Heat a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like avocado, vegetable, or canola oil.
- Brown the chicken on one side. Turn to other side.
- Pour in the spice kit, tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth.
- Simmer until chicken is tender and flavors combine, about 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop crumbled tortilla chips into shallow bowls and ladle in soup.
Top with your favorite ingredients, like avocado, cheese, lime juice, and scallions.
- If you desire to make Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup, simply skip the tortilla chips and beans.
- You may substitute black beans in place of pinto beans.
Get more Dash Dinners recipes by subscribing to our monthly newsletter below. We promise to keep your email safe!