YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Dash Dinners Curry Spice Kit
- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed, drained
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes (use diced tomatoes with chilies for more spicy heat)
- 3/4 c. water or coconut milk
Accompaniments: rice, Israeli couscous, or quinoa
- Preheat large skillet on medium-low heat.
- Add the spices and toast until fragrant, about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and 1/2 can water or coconut milk.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil for added richness. Remove the bay leaf & cinnamon stick.
Slow cooker option: Simply combine ingredients (no pre-
cooking required). Cook on low for 4-6 hours.